Friday, April 10, 2009

Tyler's First Two Fish















We had a family fishing day at Linvilla Orchards today. The pond was full of families as it was Linvilla's Annual Family Fishing Derby. At first, people on both sides of us were catching fish like crazy. We were getting sad and Tyler said, "I don't want to fish anymore. I am done fishing." We caught our first fish a couple minutes later...THANK GOODNESS! We had two poles out and it was Tyler's little pole that caught it. Tyler was SO excited!!! It was so fun to watch his reaction. He called my mom and dad and the conversation was adorable. "I caught my first fish. It was the size of a football. I caught my first fish..." He was pacing the grassy hill on the phone and everyone that walked by thought he was so cute. It was another moment I wish I had on video. He then called Kevin's parents and had the same conversation. Then he kept saying, "According to my measurement, the fish is the size of a football." What 3 year old says that...According to my measurement??? He is so amazing and his vocabulary blows me away. Anyways, a little while later, we caught another fish...on his little pole again...and the excitement started all over again. It was a very cold and windy day and we caught two fish, so we called it a day. It was a wonderful family outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment